You are invited to join us for worship on Sundays through our Live Stream at 8:45am & 11:00am.
Due to President Trump's announcement of the need to avoid gatherings of 10+ people in attendance,
ALL activities at Countryside will not be held until further notice!
- Christian Formation Due to Covid-19, several Adult classes are using the online platform ZOOM to meet. In the course descriptions below, find the teacher's email address and write to ask for a link into the class before Saturday 5pm the night before to ensure communication. Welcome!
- For materials for your child/student, contact Dir. of Children's Ministries Amy Brunk (Amy@csidecov.org) or Dir. of Student Ministries Kelly Morrow (Kelly@csidecov.org).
- Children, ages 18 months
- 5th grade Students
- Confirmation, grades 5 & 6
- Middle School and High School classes
- Adult Christian Formation Classes – Spring 2020 begin Sunday January 5, 10am
- New! Next Step: Starts Feb. 2 Enjoy getting to know others who are new at Countryside in this 6-week class. Explore how God has gifted you for ministry and how we encourage ministry here at Countryside and in our community. Learn about our denomination: The Evangelical Covenant Church, and how we all fit into God's larger picture of the Kingdom of God. This class is a pre-requisite for membership. (Staff) If you have completed the course and are engaging in membership, be sure to contact Lynn Black for a Spiritual Gifts Assessment to help you find your place in ministry at Countryside.
- Parents of Young Families: Engage with the Bible through lively discussion and learn what it means to be a disciple of Jesus. Specifically apply what you're learning to your own life and the lives of your kids to help them grow in faith at home. Topics include the tough questions in life such as, "Does God care about suffering?" and "What do we mean by Christian concepts like Forgiveness, Acceptance, Faith, or Salvation?" Browns and Hamiltons:
Join Zoom Meeting
Meeting ID: 382 766 033
- That the World May Know: This 3 year cycle study begins again with session 1 on the life of Jesus. Gain insight into the geographic, cultural, social and political landscape of places in the Bible. Improve your understanding of the mission God still has for us as we view DVD’s filmed on location in the Holy Land and discuss Biblical themes. (Williford, email@example.com)
- Precepts for Women: Learn how to study scripture as you study it. Practical skills and focused discussion of the Bible help build knowledge and develop confidence to share with others what you've learned for yourself. (Anderson)
- Books of the Bible: While framing every passage in its appropriate biblical and cultural context, we are studying Romans. This important letter from Paul is considered by many to be the very heart of the gospel. Martin Luther called it, "...The chief part of the New Testament...It can never be read or pondered too much, and the more it is dealt with the more precious it becomes." Small group discussion and personal application. (Mullen/Tice)
- New! Develop Leaders: (begins Jan. 19) God calls each of us to lead in some form during our lifetime. He often equips us for this journey through our experiences and others in the body of Christ. This pilot class seeks to give our young professionals and older adults fresh tools to lead in varied contexts, from work to volunteer ministry to church leadership. (Houston, Jhouston@bwisecounsel.com, and Gibson)
- Your Personal Faith Journey: At his trial Socrates reportedly said, "An unexamined life is not worth living." Jesus said that his potential followers were to pause and "count the cost" before committing to follow him. Take time for an introspective approach to your personal faith journey as we collectively explore and unpack two Christian classic books. "The Cost of Discipleship" - Diedrich Bonhoeffer and "The Return of the Prodigal Son" - Henri Nouwen (Rogers, firstname.lastname@example.org, Wedel, Tony@stuckybecker.com)
- Life Groups
Meet Sundays in homes of participants
- Men’s Bible Studies
Wednesdays, 6:45 p.m., Room 20. Contact Dick Skar, email@example.com
- Discipleship Groups, meet at various times during the week. Call the church office for details.
- Women’s Bible Studies
See Women’s Page or contact Linda in the Church Office for details.
- MOMs – Meet Other MOMs meets the 2nd and 4th Tuesday mornings from 9:00 – 11:15 during the school year. Women who are mothers to children of all ages are invited to join MOMs. Our meetings include care groups, fellowship and devotion, food, creative activities and inspiring speakers. All are designed to grow moms into what God created us to be. To register, contact the Church Office, 241-4499.